|Real Name||Aishwarya Rai Bachchan|
|Nickname||Ash and Gullu|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green-Blue|
|Date of Birth||1 November 1973|
|Age (as in 2016)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai|
|College||Jai Hind College, Mumbai
D. G. Ruparel College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
|Educational Qualifications||College dropout|
|Debut||Film Debut: Iruvar (1997, Tamil film)
Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (1997, Bollywood film)
|Family||Father- Krishnaraj Rai (Army biologist)
Mother- Vrinda Rai (Homemaker)
Brother- Aditya Rai (Engineer in merchant navy)
Father-in-law- Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
Mother-in-law- Jaya Bachchan (Actress)
|Address||Jalsa, B/2, Kapol Housing Society, VL Mehta Road, Juhu, Mumbai
Villa in Sanctuary Falls in Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai
|Hobbies||Knitting, collecting watches and reading|
|Controversies||• In 1996, she sued the Star and Style magazine for an amount of 20 million (2 crore INR) for publishing that actress Raveena Tandon had caught her and Akshay Kumar in a compromising position at the poolside of a 5 star hotel.
• Her relationship with Salman Khan from 1999 to 2001 was controverial, and after her break-up she said that she faced abuse (verbal, physical and emotional) from Salman Khan.
• After the casting couch sting operation of Shakti Kapoor in 2005, he said that Aishwarya had traded sexual favors for a spot in Subhash Ghai’s movies. But, later he apologized for his words and considered it as a result of his anger.
|Favourite Food||Chicken Curry and Chocolates|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Raj Kapoor|
|Favourite Film||Hollywood: Casablanca (1942)|
|Favourite Directors||Mani Ratnam and Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Favourite Book||The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite Color||Black, Blue and White|
|Favourite Perfume||Happy by Clinique|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Giorgio Armani|
|Favourite Destination||France, Dubai and South Africa|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Rajeev Mulchandani (Model)
Salman Khan (1999-2001)
Vivek Oberoi (Actor)
Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
|Husband||Abhishek Bachchan, Actor (2007-present)
|Marriage Date||20 April 2007|
Daughter- Aaradhya (born in 2011)
|Cars Collection||Audi A8
|Salary (approx.)||9-10 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$35 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aishwarya Rai
- Does Aishwarya Rai smoke? : No
- Does Aishwarya Rai drink alcohol? : Not Known
- She was a bright student and consistently used to score above 90%.
- If not an actress, she would have either been an architect or in medicine line as she always liked Zoology.
- During her 12th standard, her English professor asked her to do a photoshoot for a fashion magazine, as she was also a photojournalist. After doing it, she started getting modelling offers but she refused them as she wanted to concentrate on her studies. But, after her 12th exams, the glamour world attracted her and she did modelling for a lark.
- Before becoming famous, she tried her luck in voice-dubbing for a TV serial, but was rejected.
- In 1993, she came into limelight with her Pepsi commercial alongside Aamir Khan and Mahima Chaudhry.